A collection of my creative work is in my archive in the Schlesinger Library on Women’s History, Radcliffe College, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
I am very grateful for this archive because my writing has a home.
In this way my work is remembered, visible and accessible.
My collection of poetry, stories, and visual art includes collaborations with photographer Steven R. Johnson (see Rubenesque Landscape on this website). This artistic poetry and photography collaboration (along with other projects) documents my life as an unconventional heroine.
My Creative Writings Include:
- a collection of stories and poems for children
- free verse poetry
- a collection of stories featuring the theme of the outsider. These stories of unique and unusual people are written at the intersection of memory and imagination. Themes include becoming a victor through faith, courage and finding one’s life purpose.
- experimental theatre
- pioneering poetry, stories and dance notes for the anthology, Shadow on a Tightrope, Writings by Women on Fat Oppression)
- notes on being an art model (1978-1985)
- Esalen Journey (Journal notes,1986-1987)
I continue the completion of my work as an artist, poet and independent scholar.
(Notes for My Archival Journey were written April 2010, updated December 2, 2022.)
Leave a Reply